New HDD [::Brand problem::]

Cosmin

Graphic Designer
I've decided to buy a new HDD but not almost decided on the brand , this is the list I thought I should choose :

1. IMB
2. Maxtor
3. Seagate

Capacity : 60 - - - 80 GB 7200 rpm . My mobo : ECS - K7S5A2 and don't remember ATA represents .. 100,133 .. [?] will my mobo support the latest tech [?] .

Major thanks , Cosmin ;)

Your motherboard supports upto UltraATA/100, so you should be fine.

I'm drawn towards Seagate because of my experience with them ... very reliable drives, and quiet too. :)

This Board supports ATA 100 which isnt the lastest..but a pci card for a ATA Controller..that supports Raid/SATA will make it the lastest...and as for HDD...My Choice is Maxtor...I run 4 Maxtors ATA 133@7200 with my Computer

If you buy a ATA 133 drive it will still work with your motherboard as its backwards compatable, i am currently using IBM hard drives and they work fine.

Seagate...does not even come close to being quiet when compared to the Fluid Drives of the Maxtor Diamond Max 8 or 9 Series Drives.......but then HDD's are like Firewalls and AntiVirus Softwares.....its all Personal Choices and what makes you happy :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back