New HD installed

Originally posted by bmxjt
well, i up'd my bios o the latest that was available and still it wont read all 40 gigs
That's why you need a bios utility - maxblast.

Your drive is still Fat32 isn't it? You either need to partition it or convert it to NTFS (the bios flash may indeed have worked correctly). I'd suggest partitioning it myself. I have a 45gig maxtor c: is a fat32 2gig win2k installation (my 'just in case I REALLY screw something up OS), d: is ntfs 20gig XP installation, and e: is the rest (fat32) used for storage.

well, I can try changing it to NTFS, but I have a feeling it will be the same since the bios is still reading the same amount. However, I will try. I did try the Maxblast Plus v1.27 AND Maxblast II v1.00. I also read a few days ago Maxblast was releasing a version for XP. I am still confused how the OS has anything do to with the maxblast boot up disk.

I booted up with a win98 boot disk. Then inserted the maxblast ii disk and ran the partitioning software. I thought it was actually going to work and copy my old HD to my New on for me. It seperated the 40 gig into like 20 partitions or so on its own and would allow me to change the sizes. it was confused .. hehe.. I tried manually changing the partition sizes and it gave me a minimum number of like : 3024 and a MAXIMUM number of 2078. So, i couldnt do it manually since my max was always lower than my minumum and vica versa.

I written a reply that should of worked, spent 30 minutes writing it, and then this bullshit furom software says that I'm using too many images, only five, and the reply got lost, and can't be asked wrting it again. The best site about Xp, but they use the most weirdest software to manage their forums. Shame! Shame!

ok, i found a solution. I went out, bought an Ultra ATA/100 pci card and now my HD is showing 38.1 gigs avail. I already know its basically impossible to show all 40 gigs, but now I am happy.

thanks for all of your help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back