New Hardware Detected

• Thread starter pinknosedpups
  • Start date
P

pinknosedpups

Why is it that every time I boot up, or do a restart, that Windows insists on finding "new" hardware that has been installed since upgrading to XP.

The hardware in question is my CD Writer, which according to Device Manager is recognised and working properly.

I have had no problems burning/copying CDs. It is just a pain in the backside having to click Cancel 3 times on every boot up when this "new" hardware is detected.

Hope somebody can help. TIA

I had this problem with ME in the breif period I had it installed before I decided it was about as desriable as Satan's testicles... kept detecting my printer, of all things. I think actually going through some of the steps of the install process helped, but I'd wait for one of the extraordinarily knowledgable people who seem to hang around here comes along with a much better fix before trying that :)

try choosing uninstall for the device, uninstall it completely, then re-install, that should stop the problem..if it doesn't i'm out of ideas :p

Tried uninstall and re-install. Problem persisting, but drive is working ok, so it would appear to have been been detected and installed via Plug and Play. Guess I'll just have to put up with it!
Thanks for assistance.

This wouldn't be a SCSI cd writer by any chance ( Cos it isn't I haven't a clue :D )

Problem solved (I hope!)
When usual New Hardware Detected message appeared, I installed drivers for a slightly different model of same manufacturer (TEAC) and this was accepted.
CD writer still working happily (and so am I now).

Many thanks for suggestions

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back