New Guy - yet another System restore ?

T

Tim A

Hi all,

Well, I've done a search, and read quite a bit about system restore - the where, when, how many, etc..but I have a question I didn't see asked.

Is there any way to compare 2 restore points to see what the delta is between them? Could be useful, at least in my case, to see what registry items were changed between them to see - a) what my problem may have been - b) what drivers I may need to reinstall, and - c)what apps I may need to reinstall.

I tried searching the web for utilities to compare them, but there wasn't any I could find, so I didn't know if these restore points were archived in a way that they could be extracted and compared with windiff maybe?

Thanks
Tim

Easy answer to that try Go Back Delux

http://www.roxio.com/

Its a much more advanced version of system restore, and has saved me more times than i can imagine, when the built in system restore didnt work. Also shows the information u need :) hope that helps

I can recommend this software enought :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back