New Grafic card

D

Dexter

Hi felows!

I need some help

i need a tip on what grafic card i should by
now i got an old but classic nvidia riva TNT 2 64
and i whant to uppgrade i have a budget(money)
of 100 dollars so what card whold be the best to by

please wright why

thank all you are the best

I had the same card as you previously and moved to a 64Mb ATI Radeon 7200.
Anything below 8500 should suit your budget.

I don't know where your from and what $100 is to you, but I got a beautiful radeon 8500 se from newegg.com for $100 shipped, I love it, it's a hot little number on a budget

thats good i just whant some advise from people how have tried grafic cards of some sort and what do you think i should buy

my old card cant even handel battlefield 1942
and thats a shame

i got a friend who is willing to sell a geforce mx460 to me for around 60 dollas or 600 kr if you know my change

is it a good card

i hurd its not any good its like a geforce 2 or one of the first ge 3 is that true

yeah, gf4 mx's are essentially revised gf2 cores. no faster than a low-end gf3 (ti200). and they completely lack any vertex or pixel shader technology that was introduced back with the gf3's.

their core name gives you a good idea of where they stand, technology-wise:

gf2 = nv15
gf4 mx = nv17
gf3 = nv20
gf4 ti = nv25
gf fx = nv30

if you want a powerful geforce with good features and not too expensive, get a gf4 ti 4200. you can get them for less than $120usd now.

but an mx460 isn't bad for $60, if we're talking about the same dollars.

Posted by taurus
yeah, gf4 mx's are essentially revised gf2 cores. no faster than a low-end gf3 (ti200). and they completely lack any vertex or pixel shader technology that was introduced back with the gf3's.

their core name gives you a good idea of where they stand, technology-wise:

gf2 = nv15
gf4 mx = nv17
gf3 = nv20
gf4 ti = nv25
gf fx = nv30

if you want a powerful geforce with good features and not too expensive, get a gf4 ti 4200. you can get them for less than $120usd now.

but an mx460 isn't bad for $60, if we're talking about the same dollars.

far as I know the gf4mx cards are not even dx8 compatible... more like dx7...

better going with either a gf4ti4200(second edition) or radeon 9500/9500pro (available early december)...

for usd 100 go with the radeon 9000/9000pro series or the 8500 LE boards... they are available for that price and provide the best bang for the buck... the 4200 and 9500/9500pro are more expensive...

ti 4200 2nd edition? you mean the more expensive agp 8x ones? thre's no point unless he has an agp 8x motherboard... even then, agp 8x isn't going to offer any extra performance.

You should first find out what your mb can handle. Then pick what card to buy. Why wast money on somthing you cant even use.

Sceithamer

Posted by taurus
ti 4200 2nd edition? you mean the more expensive agp 8x ones? thre's no point unless he has an agp 8x motherboard... even then, agp 8x isn't going to offer any extra performance.

I presume you do not know much about this product if you are making that statement...

the newer 4200 board with agp8x support not only should retail for the same price as a regular board but it also has faster memory/clock speeds... therefore overall THIS feature alone makes it a better buy than the older 4200's..

for a budget of 100 dollars the best card on the market would be the 9000 series cards from ATi in terms of use/performance...

Posted by Sazar
the newer 4200 board with agp8x support not only should retail for the same price as a regular board but it also has faster memory/clock speeds... therefore overall THIS feature alone makes it a better buy than the older 4200's..

should retail for the same price as the older ones? i don't think so... the second edition 4200's retail for the same price as 4400's... which are better.

they can price them like that because people flock to big "AGP 8X COMPATIBLE!" labels on the front of the boxes.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back