New fan for ATI 9600XT AIW

justmehere

OSNN Newbie
Does anyone know what is the cheapest cooler you can buy for the above card ? Also do you have to replace the whole casing that the fan is contained in or just the fan ? Thanks

You can buy just a fan if you can find the right one. It's safer to buy a whole unit. The overclocker product sites used to have several. There was a thread here at OSNN about finding ATI replacement fans a year or two ago also.

Read to end-
http://www.somacon.com/p368.php

Vantec, Thermaltake, Arctic Cooling have Vid card coolers. Fit may be an issue, especially for a 9600. The products are intended mostly for overclocking high end cards. If the cooler doesn't quite fit you may be able to use the fan out of it.

Thanks LeeJend checked out the link you posted and I guess it depends on whether or not I can find an exact fit for the fan. But its possible to change the fan alone. Cheers

I just had one more question..can I run this card safely without the fan ? I mainly plan on using the TV Tuner feature and playing DVD's on my computer only. Not into gaming.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back