New eBay? Too good to be true?

ray_gillespie

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political Access
Wow, I've just found this new auction website: http://www.telebid.com

Has anyone ever been there? I've never seen anything like it. It looks like a normal auction website but they charge you to put a bid on and then increase the timer every time a bid is placed! It's quite funny really, search the website for an offer that looks too good to be true and is nearly over, then watch was happens. I just watched a Nintendo DS with 11 seconds left and at £1.97 - the time is now back up to 5 MINUTES and the DS is already £8 hehe.

Wow, that's one to watch out for.

Nice find!

Signed up :) Seen a nice looking samsung landline phone on there

thread moved

I'm reading this over - is this real and how can it be? It seems too good to be true really....

no.. it's an interesting concept.. too bad it's UK mainland only.

I think it is too good to be true - but I wanted people to find out for themselves by watching one of the bids...

If people keep bidding then the auction for an item could possibly never end.

From Terms:
Each new bid starts off a new “remaining time” for the auction.

you buy "bids" in packs. once you run out of bids you have to buy a new pack. Eventually a bid will end.

Probably best to get inexpensive items. They have £2000 TV's up for 100% off (just pay £50 shipping), how that can be sustained I don't know. However its run by a German business so it could be legit.

I think the deal is that they make a fortune off bidding (50p per phone bid!) which they can then use to subsidise the products on there. They entice people by showing auctions about to finish at a very low price - but the price and the time keep on increasing. I wonder if there is some sort of consumer protection law that covers this - I think they're in a very grey area with their style of bidding: that "auction ending" time is so misleading.

Interesting concept indeed. Kinda the reverse of Sonys "reverse auction":
At noon E.T., the auction opens, the items are listed, and prices drop each hour until the Auction closes at 10PM. Once the clock starts, act fast and grab a sure deal -- or -- wait it out for a lower price and take your chances. Quantities are limited, so you may not want to wait too long to place your bid!

Well guys, you may want to take a look at the auction my department use for forfeitured and abandoned property from our police agency, what's the site you say, it's propertyroom. com. this site has a little bit of everything you may want new, used, and unknown. Guys just be careful about item that can't be be mailed, you may have to make a road trip to Cal. or New York. Have fun. Let me know how you like it.

Every item has an expiry time/date so it goes for whatever the highest is... That is of course, if it reaches that maximum! I was looking to flog my 160Gb SATA-II HDD's on there, then I realised you can't sell, just buy! Mental concept tho!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back