New DVD/CD burner

Terrahertz

Extinction Agenda
Political Access
I just bought this baby and Im loving it
PX716Adrive.gif

http://www.plextor.com/english/products/716A.htm

looks interesting. but i'm sticking with mine for the time being. :)

Ive heard that drive has some issues. How is it working out for you with different media.

it's doing pretty good.. just doesnt support -r/rw.

i only use the writer for backups anyway... and to play dvds

If I didn't already own a Plextor 708A, I would have bought a 716A. :up:

Melon

I've also heard that there's been problems with the 716. The 712 is stable as a rock though.

I have an LG 4160B :) Supports every disc format on earth :D cdrinfo put it alongside the pioneer DVr-108 and ahead of the pelxtor so I'm happy :)

Did you upgrade the firmware yet?

There was an upgrade just released on December 13th to [font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Version 1.02 and I imagine anything in stores still has older firmware.[/font]

[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Improved write quality on DVD media[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Improved write quality at 12X on some 8X rated media[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Improved performance to execute AutoStratagy[/font]
[font=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Fixed a bug where a format might fail while be performed[/font]

on cdfreaks, the BenQ 1620 is generally considered the best available drive right now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back