New Drive letter in MY COMPUTER ??

R

RJM

I am not sure what lame thing I have done to create a NEW drive letter in MY COMPUTER..... but I can't get rid of it.

All my logical drives are accounted for and work just fine. This one shows up under OTHER and has a "RED ?" on top of it. The properties of it are basically null....

Since WINDOWS won't let you CUT n PASTE from a ERROR MESSAGE - I am attaching a screenshot of the message I get... a tech support guy at QSP, seemed to think it was referencing a CD that InCD created....... he suggested I delete Nero and InCD, then reinstall them to get rid of it... which I DID, but as you can see, it didn't go anywhere....

Oh, btw, it does NOT show up in the Device Manager under ANY heading.

ANY idea's ?? I'm pretty much "moderately" qualified to FIX stuff given enough time but this one has me stumped... thanks.

System is a HP6736 Pavilion - 663mhz, 324K ram, 35gig total HDD space...
2 HDD, 1 CD ROM, 1 CDRW, 1 Floppy, 1 Iomega ZIP

huh?

Awkeyy...

I have no expierence whatsoever on this subject, but I know that you can Mount a volume off a empty folder on a NTFS drive. Check computer management -> Storage. maybe it's listed there...

I know this ain't much help but, who knows...

Greetz

LUKAS

It might be a mapped drive.

Try right-mouseclick -> Disconnect

A mapped drive has a different icon... but it could be.

Re: huh?

Thanks, but I already checked there, lol..... like I said, I poke arond a lot before using tech support or forums.

It does NOT show up there NOR is it a mapped drive... right clicking only brings up the very basic menu choices, unfortunately, DELETE isn't one of them ;)

THanks, i'll keep searching...

Installed something...?

Same thing happened to me when I installed Daemon Tools....
I got a DVD drive called G:...If it only were true...=)
It disappeared when I removed the application.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back