New DirectX?

• Thread starter darklink1017
  • Start date
D

darklink1017

Just asking

Does anyone know when the new version of DirectX will be available? I think the latest DirectX is 8.1....And if anyone knows, will it be available for use with Windows XP?

I read some where that it was coming out with SR-1, which is due to ship end of summer (as it is being beta tested now).

DirectX9 is going into testing very soon. It will only really benefit games that are designed using the extra instructions that it will create.

SR-1 is service release one and is apparently not on Microsofts roadmap, ,however I do believe a service pack will eventually be released, whether Microsoft will repackage with eh patches integrated remains to be seen...

I really don't want to step on anyones toes but MS would never release DirectX in a Service Pack. There would be to much public out cry.

Also it's another thing for the Anti-Trust people to get angry over. But all that said MS is includeding those new technologies into Service Pack 1... so I really doubt they included DirectX, but it could happen.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back