new digital cameras =) EXCited!

the_music_man

aka prodj88 =P
im about to get an orgasim from all these new digital cameras. here are the two I got most excited from. But you should check the others out @ www.dcresource.com. It's weird how Canon, Sony, and Nikon just all told the public this week about their new line up! IM SO EXC ITED AHH

Coolpix 5200 [press release + pics for both models / specs]

5.1 effective Megapixel CCD produces images with 2592 x 1944 pixels
F2.8-4.9, 3X optical zoom lens, equivalent to 38 - 114 mm
VGA, 30 frame/sec movie mode, with sound, until memory is full
Get as close to your subject as 4 cm in macro mode
Automatic redeye reduction (and not just from the pre-flash)
AF-assist lamp
Point-and-shoot
15 scene modes plus panorama assist
Take up to five shots in a row at 2.5 fps
1.5" LCD display
12MB of on-board memory, plus SD card slot
Can use rechargeable li-ion battery (included) or Duracell CP1 lithium prismatic battery
PictBridge-enabled
Optional waterproof case
Ships this spring for $499

nikon_cp5200.jpg

Cyber-Shot DSC-W1 [press release + pics / specs]
The "lite" version of the DSC-V1

5.1 effective Megapixel CCD produces images with 2592 x 1944 pixels
F2.8-5.2, 3X optical zoom Carl Zeiss Vario Tessar lens, equivalent to 38 - 114 mm
Uses Real Imaging Processor (from DSC-F828) which boosts performance, improves battery life
Manual control over shutter speed (30 - 1/1000 sec) plus limited aperture options
Live histogram in record mode
MPEGMovie VX Fine mode takes movies at 640 x 480, 30 frames/sec (with sound) until memory card is full; requires Memory Stick Pro card
AF-assist lamp (versus Hologram AF on the V1)
Supports conversion lenses; loses the hot shoe that the V1 had
Compact metal body, available in silver or black
2.5" LCD display
USB 2.0
PictBridge-enabled
Uses AA batteries
Ships in May for $400

sony_w1.jpg

the fovean chip barely makes a diff. and its currently on only a few cameras which don't interest me

prodj88 said:
the fovean chip barely makes a diff. and its currently on only a few cameras which don't interest me

It's not what it can do in teh cam (even though that is impressive), it's what you can do in software afterwards.

I'm not too sure what they've stated is true.
They haven't stated in the specs the number of pixels for the cameras.
From what I've seen in all cameras at work, if a camera has 4 megapixels, the effective pixels is around 2.5m, and for a 6 megpixel camera the effective pixels is around 4m.

(Note: this is not the exact figure, but approximate to what I've seen on the boxes of the products.)

Have you considered a Gateway DC-T50, 5.25 MP for $299.99? This camera has won alot of awards and I love mine.

yeah what is the fovean chip and what does it do

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back