new cpu and mobo

L

Lithium

ok just went out and got a XP 1800+ athlon cpu and ive got it in, running and all's well but its suppose to be clocked at 1.5 gig but its showing 1.15 gig so im a lil lost on why its not up to par my mobo is a MSI K7T turbo 2 (MS-6330) so if anyone has any idea why its clocked there please let me know how to fix it

Go into BIOS and turn up your fronside bus to 133, that should take care of it.

correct. right now your cpu is running at 100x11.5... increase the host fsb to 133 (133x11.5=1.533ghz). after you do that, make sure your memory is running at the right speed... (hclk for pc133, hclk-pciclk for pc100)

and this can all be done in bios or do i have to change a jumper on the mobo?

ok it was a jumper i had to change but ive got it goin at 1.533 now! so thanks for your help guys

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back