New computer tower?

S

sacred2nite

I have a Dell Dimension 4400 tower and I am really bored of the look of it. Plus, it does not match the colour of my other computer equipment or my room.
Can I buy a new one? Will my motherboard fit into a new tower? If so, is there a special type I need?
Thanks guys

just buy a case with the mobo dimensions, which will probably be standard atx.

Dell normally use standard ATX format on their boards afaik so it shouldn't be a problem. BUT! Dell also uses "home-wired" PSU connectors so you'll probably need to use the old PSU (buy a case without PSU). Other than that you should probably be fine.

I have had some experiences with Dell motherboards being shaped "retardedly". And in one instance, it would not fit the standard ATX case, I was able to fit it VERY snuggly...works tho so you should be fine....and this was only one instance in like 50.

had the same problem with a compaq mobo where they changed the standard lay-out of all the ports

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back