New Computer Advice

Smoke286

Smokeater
I just bought a new computer. I already have Norton Antivirus Pro 2003 but a disk came with my new computer for Norton Internet Security 2003. My question is do I have to uninstall NAV to install this? Is it worth doing?

well you don't need to uninstall antivirus. Just install nis2003 straight away.

You better check to see if that NIS2003 is a full version or just a trial version, as I've only seen trial versions included with motherboards that I've purchased.

usually it's a 90 day trial and then it's hell to dump it after that.

Actually if you want advice. Get rid of the Norton products. They seem to be the worst anti-virus out there and on top of that have had multiple vulnerabilities identified that open your computer to attack. Norton has also been known to interfere with normal system operation.

AVG is a freeware antivirus that is widely recommended.

For firewall use zonealarm or blackice defender.

My advise is to stick a condom between the internet cable and the PC socket to block out all the bugs. :p

Thanks for the replies. I should have mentioned I have a router with a hardware firewall. I have used AVG before, while it seems to be a decent antivirus scanner I did pick up a couple of viruses that it then had trouble removing. Norton has worked flawlessly for me

LeeJend, recently there was a security flaw in BlackIce that allowed a compromised system to be remotely formatted in some manner - very big uproar about it, it turned out a lot of servers were using it and it put them in a very difficult situation.

ming, Im presuming you mean in a manner such as this...

Attachments

• virus.jpg
    virus.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 71
Unleashed said:
ming, Im presuming you mean in a manner such as this...
lol. :p
yeah... I couldn't find that pic on my machine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back