new card help

mike09

OSNN Senior Addict
i got my new 9500 pro and it runs fine but the picture is all distorted like there are vertical bars of distorted pixels they look like enlarged pixles and they are in about 4 bars crossing the entire screen. i have the internal power connected. also when i have the card in my case it doesnt seem to sit right in my case. when its in it kinda moves from side to side a little. the card is inserted fully into the slot and it still moves. many thanks in advacned.

If you've got any kind of artifacts like that it's not running fine!

9500 pro should be perfect image (one exception is horizontal tearing and that just means you need to turn vertical sync on in the options menu).

Did you completely remove the old video card drivers?

Have you installed the catalyst 3.4 or 3.5 drivers (either works fine and can be found at guru3d or ATI web sites).

As for the card wobbling make sure you put the screew into the bracket and make sure the agp slot clip at the back end is engaged.

If drivers are good and artifacts are still there call tech support and ask about it. could be a bad card.

yeah i have the new 3.6 drivers i had it running fine this morning but then i got the artifacts came back. i went to my local computer store to talk about this and the manager said that maybe the card is bad, so i'll call support in the morning.

Originally posted by mike09
i got my new 9500 pro and it runs fine but the picture is all distorted like there are vertical bars of distorted pixels they look like enlarged pixles and they are in about 4 bars crossing the entire screen. i have the internal power connected. also when i have the card in my case it doesnt seem to sit right in my case. when its in it kinda moves from side to side a little. the card is inserted fully into the slot and it still moves. many thanks in advacned.

nothing is overclocked by any chance ?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back