New Build

sean.ferguson

OSNN Veteran Addict
Just waiting on delivery of the following:

Intel Core 2 Duo E4300 (1.83GHz),
ASRock 4CoreDual-VSTA PT880
200GB Western Digital S-ATA
2x 1GB Crucial DDR3200 (running dual channel)
LITEON DVD8900 DVD-RW
Vista Home Premium 64-bit

Will add to it;

Radeon X1300 256MB DDR3 :suprised:
and my 19-inch Widescreen

enclosing it in a Casecom case with a 350W PSU with a loverly glowing UV fan :D

I am a ho' :dead:

Comments?

yeah :) It should server you quite well. It wont have the longevity of a higher specced system but I firmly believe you should get the best available parts that you can afford at the time of purchase.

Sounds good, I would have gone with a larger PSU myself, but I am crazy like that.

It's got all the right basics. PSU is good with just the 1300 card.

Toss in a PSU upgrade, 8800 GPU and faster CPU in 18 months and it becomes a high end system at half the price you'd pay for doing the same now. For that matter in a year or two GPU power comsumption may be down enough that a 350W supply will run a single card gaming system. CPU consumption has dropped in half in the last year and GPUs are trending down also.

Should be a nice machine. :)
What are you planning to do with the Sempron box?

Should be a nice machine. :)
What are you planning to do with the Sempron box?

Well, this machine is just going to be used for the Girlfriends Uni homework/research and my general usage. Nothing intensive, no real gaming etc so it should be a healthy upgrade from my current sempron box. Particularly with it being Dual Core & 64-bit and the doubled RAM.

The Sempron system is being sold off for really whatever people will give me for it will be put on eBay shortly if no offers or interest is given. It wont have the monitor & peripherals nor will it have the X1300. But for what it is, it runs great and comes with Vista Premium (no Aero with on-board card) it manages to handle Vista very well too. The Windows Index it gets without the X1300 is 1.0 but that is simply down to the graphics letting it down. Every other meassures above 3.

No, I beleive its the older Socket A 32-bit 2.0GHz Processor. Sorry. It is definetly for sale, just not a 754

No, I beleive its the older Socket A 32-bit 2.0GHz Processor. Sorry. It is definetly for sale, just not a 754
Ah, nevermind then. I was looking for a 64-bit box for a side-project, but nothing high-end, and it looked like yours would have been perfect for the job. :)

Well, it does the job ;)

Attachments

• score.jpg
    score.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 179
Wonder why you get that score for memory?

Mine:

Attachments

• mem.JPG
    mem.JPG
    11.1 KB · Views: 170
The E4300 is the most ridiculously amazing overclocker since the Celeron 300s that went to 450. People have achieved some pretty astronomical clocks with it, and with very little effort, too.

From the article:
Even if you don't have a great cooler you can easily overclock Allendale past 3GHz without even increasing the voltage.

Last edited:
Wonder why you get that score for memory?

Mine:
Are you using a Core 2 with DDR2 RAM too? Wonder why all your scores are that low. :s
My memory sub-score is a 5.8 and I'm just using 2 GB of DDR400 RAM with a dual-core Opteron.

Single core 64 4000+ is what I have with memory timing at 2-3-3-6 2T

Strange. If your machines are running well, I wouldn't bother about the WEI score, but it's still strange. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back