New Build and Windows wont install

adek

Very xp-erianced
Built a new rig with a msi K7n2 Delta, Athlon 2800+ XP,1.5 Gb Ram, GeForce FX 5800, Maxtor 60Gb HDD.

First had the incompatable RAM error. Solved that by buying some crucial RAM. Now when i try to install XP gets to the 19 minutes remaining, then shuts down. On reboot it says that the HAL is correct or missing. Pls Help as be tring for about a week now.:mad:

SOunds like a problem a buddy ran into, drove him nuts.

He was trying to install from a DVD/CDrom player and the DVD support is not built into the Bios like cdrom support is. He was missing critical drivers during the early part of the install.

If you have a plain Jane CDrom or cdrw try installing from that.

The other possibility is to go back into your bios and select restore default to remove any fancy features. I've had problems with the basic windows install not able to deal with advanced MB functions.'

Good luck and post agian if that doesn't work.

bah just install linux LOL

but seriously, set the mobo to default and if that dont work then try a different winxp cd

Solved...... Dogey q-tec 400w psu. Now got a 550w and runs good as gold

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back