new boot screens crashes computer

D

daveqb

is anyone else having this trouble ??

i have downloaded a heap of boot screens

i downloaded a small proggy to intall them XPBoot

found it pretty average
then found the manual way of booting to safe mode and simply copying and pasting your ntoskrnl.exe into the System 32 directory,

it works in that it gets the new picture up, but found my systen so unstall with anything but the default ntoskrnl.exe

even to the point it wouldnt boot just now, claiming ntoskrnl.exe didnt exist (which it did) or was currupted (lucky i got two computers fix it PS it wouldnt even boot off CD ?!?!)

ok could have been a bad download, but whenever i have anything but the generic boot up screen its so unstable,
getting Bad_pool_caller errors all the time

any ideas??

When you get it fixed try using 'logon loader' from the home page. Very easy to use. :D

whats S. Restore??

this logon loaded does boot screens ???
where is it ??

what is in the ntoskrnl.exe that can have an effect on the stabilty and running of the system ??

its obviouly got more then just a picture i am thinking now .....

are some ntoskrnl.exe better then others ???

so this should help add stability to newly add ntoskrnl.exe files ??

thanx for the link by the way

Originally posted by daveqb
so this should help add stability to newly add ntoskrnl.exe files ??
Don't know about that. Never seen that file when using logon loader.
By the way if you use it you can get some screen from the front page of this site. Look to the left.

it appears logon loader is for urrrr Logon screens !!
how ironic

i am after boot screens,
i never see a logon screen as i am the only user....

Boot screen, logon screen, same thing aren't they? I'm sure it's not the black dos screen you want to change is it?

i ran the program and it didnt work with my ntoskrnl.exe boot screens i downloaded from Theme XP

heaps good ones there BTW

dunno,
i have tried BootXP
that program didnt work too well

i find doing it manually thru safe mode the fastest and easiest

just concerned with loading bad ntoskrnl.exe files that doesnt let me boot :(

only had one that did that

the rest though SEEM to degrade stabilty of the system getting
BAD_POOL_CALLER BSOD's

maybe it was a night of heavy overclocking that is causing my problem :(

any one get this prob??

Ahh ha. It's a totally different program then. Logon loader uses a changed 'longonui.exe' file. By the way what I'm refering to is best described as win9x logo screens. :)

daveqb

that's the problem of doing things the manual way... in my case i've tried bootXP and it worked perfectly fine for me,... if i wanna changed my boot screen,... all i have 2 do is have bootXP do the restore to default boot screen for me or better i can change it in just a simple click..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back