new avg free 7.5, update core manually

Perris Calderon

dealer
Staff member
Political Access
free no more

you're gonna get this window after the latest update

avg has been a great tool, I always said I would pay more for avg then norton if I had to

still have some free time left, till 2007

[edit]

I thought the free was discontinued, as ep points out, it's just upgraded, link provided below

Last edited:
Re: avg free discontinued

:(

Good thing i dont use virus protection.

Yeah they are only discontinuing version 7.1 - if you upgrade to 7.5 you will still be protected for free :)

very sneaky, but a nice releaf, I love avg

anyway, on install of 7.5, hit repair install instead of reinstall

glad their still doing the free

Shouldnt the thread name be corrected then?

:eek:

Don't see a reason to - it was a question that has been answered ;)

AHH but it wasnt a question but rather a statement, unless I am just not reading it right...
:rolleyes:

Re: new avg free, update core manually

I have AVG 7.5 and it is free. This is from the free AVG site ..
New Free Anti-Virus

GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition. This new 7.5 version with improved performance and user interface is available. Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a specific dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to choose the right option fulfilling their needs. AVG Free 7.1 version will be discontinued on 15th of Jan 2007.
From the looks of that; there will remain a free verison, but they will also be discontinuing the 7.1 version .. :)

I purchased Pro myself and had no problems just thoriwng 7.5 straight over the top of 7.1
Did uninstall it to check out the Onecare beta, but it doesn't work with x64 :eek:

I purchased Pro myself and had no problems just thoriwng 7.5 straight over the top of 7.1
Did uninstall it to check out the Onecare beta, but it doesn't work with x64 :eek:

I don't care for onecare that much .. It seems too inntrusive .. Lite and simple is the best way to do it. Which is why I like AVG. Plus, you don't have to pay 50.00 a year for the updates :)

I have done the 7.1-7.5 on a few machines, some take the over install and some don't. Not really much of a pain to un-install so that is what I have done for the most part.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back