new avg free 7.5, update core manually

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User
free no more

you're gonna get this window after the latest update

avg has been a great tool, I always said I would pay more for avg then norton if I had to

still have some free time left, till 2007

[edit]

I thought the free was discontinued, as ep points out, it's just upgraded, link provided below

Last edited:

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
Re: avg free discontinued

Yeah they are only discontinuing version 7.1 - if you upgrade to 7.5 you will still be protected for free :)

Perris Calderon

Administrator
Staff member
Political User

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
Re: avg free discontinued

very sneaky, but a nice releaf, I love avg

anyway, on install of 7.5, hit repair install instead of reinstall

glad their still doing the free
Shouldnt the thread name be corrected then?

:eek:

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User
Re: new avg free, update core manually

I have AVG 7.5 and it is free. This is from the free AVG site ..
New Free Anti-Virus

GRISOFT is announcing a new version of the AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition. This new 7.5 version with improved performance and user interface is available. Users that are using AVG Free 7.1 will be provided with a specific dialog, within the next few weeks, with the opportunity to choose the right option fulfilling their needs. AVG Free 7.1 version will be discontinued on 15th of Jan 2007.
From the looks of that; there will remain a free verison, but they will also be discontinuing the 7.1 version .. :)

Electronic Punk

willalwaysbewithyou
Staff member
Political User

I purchased Pro myself and had no problems just thoriwng 7.5 straight over the top of 7.1
Did uninstall it to check out the Onecare beta, but it doesn't work with x64 :eek:

Johnny

.. Commodore ..
Political User

I purchased Pro myself and had no problems just thoriwng 7.5 straight over the top of 7.1
Did uninstall it to check out the Onecare beta, but it doesn't work with x64 :eek:
I don't care for onecare that much .. It seems too inntrusive .. Lite and simple is the best way to do it. Which is why I like AVG. Plus, you don't have to pay 50.00 a year for the updates :)

kcnychief

█▄█ ▀█▄ █
Political User
I have done the 7.1-7.5 on a few machines, some take the over install and some don't. Not really much of a pain to un-install so that is what I have done for the most part.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethkramer