New Ati X850 Series

I am waiting to see if there are any other architectural improvements/refinements that == greater performance for the same marchitecture? and what nvidia has up its sleeve other than SLi...

Well, from what I've heard the NV48 is coming but there's no information as far as what card lines or features. Whereas at least with Ati's we know the card line. I'm just glad ATI is still on top, but they need to work on actually bringing the cards out into the market better.

I don't honestly care so much who is on top as long as the company is not trying to pull a fast one over the consumer, like nvidia did with its previous generation

there is a level playing field right now in a sense though nvidia's products have the advantage of being better in OGL and also linux arena's while also being as fast in the DX area... the x800 cards are plenty fast in their own rights...

I have been patient regarding my upgrade path so far... we will just have to wait and see what comes out and at what performance because that is likely going to be my next purchase, or I might wait even longer for the next gen after that (full upgrade to pci-E and all subsidiary products)

:cool:

I just purchased the Saphire X800Pro with Vivo for the full intent of overclocking to XT-PE speeds.

Sazar said:
I am waiting to see if there are any other architectural improvements/refinements that == greater performance for the same marchitecture? and what nvidia has up its sleeve other than SLi...

Seconded. It would seem that I'm waiting a lot of things out. The dual-core processors, the new graphics cards, DS -vs- PSP (I'm going to let the consoles mature before I decide if I want either), and the next releases of consoles. Lotsa waiting, eh?

Well, since I didn't see much improvement in speeds with the next versions of the Ati's I went ahead and bought one now. Their improvements are small I think. But still are steps forward on a new core.

I skipped on the NF4 because I felt the addition of PCI-E on a board was not that mind blowing considering the technology isn't all that great at the moment to be able to utilize it better.

I just bought a PS2 because I liked the new models size and I became addicted to Tony Hawke Underground. ummm What else. Bought the AMD64 3200 939 because it overclocks nicely. And by the time Dual cores come out and I would like to upgrade, I will be use to the feel of a 64bit, and sit through some of the small upgrades to processors, and whatnot until then but still be satisfied and have a good time at a low cost.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back