New ATI Drivers

melon

MS-DOS 2.0
Political Access
I just thought I'd let everyone know that ATI is cracking out new drivers, and that you should check out and see if your devices have them. What I can say, for sure, is that the new ATI Radeon drivers have just been released and, at least on my computer, they are a marked improvement over the last ones:

Supports
ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 8500DV
ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON 7500
ALL-IN-WONDER RADEON
RADEON 8500
RADEON 7500
RADEON 7200
RADEON 7000
RADEON 64MB DDR
RADEON 32MB DDR
RADEON 32MB (SDR)
RADEON VE

http://driver.atitech.ca/drivers/wxp_radeon_6_13_10_6015.exe

Very important: if you have any existing ATI supplied display drivers installed, you must uninstall them first (this is also made clear by the instructions given when you first execute the file). Otherwise, you might as well have just fucked everything up.

My suggestion, as always, is to make a System Restore point before installing. Uninstalling doesn't eliminate the problems that could arise. Then, if there are problems, uninstall the program first and then make a System Restore back to that point you created.

Melon

i just bought a cheapo rage 128 pro pci 16 meg. has anyone out there ever heard of videocards messing with the sound? i have no hardware conflicts, but when there is a lof of grpahic stuff going on, there is a lot of background distortion. please help

Runnin the .6032 drivers, no probs so far.

Teddy Bear,

when I encounter this kind of things in a game, then here what's the game/video/sound are telling me: the resolution is to high ! Yes, video can affect sound ! That's why, willing to play at 1600*1200, I upgraded to my current Radeon 7500 and everything's okay !

i just bot an xtasy gforce 4 mx 420, no more problems, just cost 90 bucks more, but is agp with 4x memory as the ati card

Why did you quit ATI ? Your previous card was 16megs I've just noticed, this was another point to your now old prob.
Sad you went for a GF4MX, I think that the Radeon 8500 is cheaper, no ?

i just saw this card and i liked it. also i wanted an agp card, not pci, this ard was 130, and so far it is very nice, only thing is that i can not find any signed drivers for win xp for it

no sir

the radeon 8500 is ridicoulously expensive, and if your a gamer its good, but its no geforce 3 or 4 when it comes to speed,
i would much rather have a geforce 3 or 4 even the mxgf4 that is, hehe, over any ati,
and on top of that its way cheaper....
in my opinion side to side the geforce 3 ti 500 has 20 times better image quality..than radeon, and yes even with dvd playback. the ati looked alittle washed out,and theres no digital vibrance to fix that. i had to turn my detail on mohaa down too. it was maxed rez and all, on my gf3 ti 500...and was getting over 90 fps...
and you thought nividia had driver issues, wait till you throw in that, ati.. thats why im knockin em, cause there drivers are so bad
hope the new drivers are better......:rolleyes:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back