New ATI drivers

L

lbwarped

Today, ATI released their new ATI drivers, called "Catalyst".
This means new 8500 drivers :)

This is from the site:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
overview

CATALYST™ - Commitment, Confidence and Capability

ATI introduces CATALYST™ - industry-leading software suite that enhances and accelerates the visual experience. The suite is a package that consists of the latest driver, HYDRAVISION™ (multiple monitor management software), MULTIMEDIA CENTER™ and REMOTE WONDER™ support.

At-a-glance
Industry's most stable 3D acceleration software
Exceptional visual quality
New features and functions
Frequent updates and reliable customer service
CATALYST Crew Program

features

Confidence
Industry's most stable 3D acceleration software
Fully supported by ATI's customer support
Featuring SMARTGART™ - a diagnostic tool that determines the optimal settings to ensure maximum stability. With SMARTGART™, the display driver will automatically test the AGP capability upon its initialization and dynamically adjust the necessary settings based on the test results. This provides users with a more stable system

Capability
CATALYST™ software supports component output for all RADEON™ 8500 family of graphics cards and ALL-IN-WONDER® RADEON™ 8500DV. This provides the highest quality method to deliver HDTV support and allow users to use their PCs as a central entertainment hub while watching high-definition TV or playing games
CATALYST™ provides plug-ins for the REMOTE WONDER™ software. This lets users control applications such as WINAMP and Microsoft® POWERPOINT with REMOTE WONDER™
CATALYST™ includes a new Direct 3D™ and OpenGL® control panel that gives users full control over performance and image quality settings

Commitment
ATI is committed to providing frequent updates of all CATALYST™ elements. For example, the driver element of the CATALYST™ will be updated as frequently as 8-10 times a year! Each update will focus on improving CATALYST™ attributes
Introducing CATALYST CREW™ - ATI's end user feedback program. Join now and let us know what you think of CATALYST. For more information, visit www.ati.com
----------------------------------------------------------------------

so go visit the site and get the new drivers! server is really busy though, so good luck with speeds! I got my download already!

(not bad for a first post, eh?)

Catch23 - yet i say again.. are you ever happy????? you should get a new user name and call yourself the incredible moaner or somethin like that

lol

I got the Radeon 8500 about 3 months ago and I am very happy with it... (knock on wood)

Don't lie...

Are you sure you were installing the ATI drivers properly? They are some pretty sophisticated performance drivers that require advanced driver installation knowledge.

meh, too bad ati's site wasn't sending at 3K/s

Catch23: You should let the ATI drivers install automatically instead of installing them manually and messing them all up. I am begining to see now that ATI technology is way above your brain bucket!:p

Catch23: The only thing I'm doing is enjoying 10000+ 3DMark scores and watching my Digital Doc 5 display 34.8C GPU temp.

"Snatch the Radeon GPU from my hand, then you are ready to begin your journey into true graphics performance!":D

ati's site is really packed today. i couldn't connect until i tried about 30 times. i'm lucky i got in early. they need some mirrors to host. i'm seeing a little performance improvement and better graphics already. medal of honor looks sweet!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back