New Apple Rackmount Servers!!!!!!

I personally think apple is gonna be hard pressed to jump into the server market now..they don't have much exp and when it comes to server markets support is a key selling point when the techs can't fix the problem.

Have you ever worled on a Mac before? They are much easier to diagnose than a PC.

That is a matter of opinion...I've had to toruble shoot plenty of macs where the problems were as bad as any PC, not to mention when your getting into OSX your not troubleshooting a mac per se since a mac is just the name of the computer your basically just troubleshooting a standard linux system

And the main reason why macs are easy to troubleshoot at times is standard hardware...there aren't NEARLY as many different pieces of hardware in a mac as in a PC, just look at the video board, with mac's there are only a couple of boards usually used, whereas you'll find twice as many in pc.

although the funnest thing to do is watch a OS X mac have a Kernel panic...sometimes it can do the funniest stuff to the display and look all matrixy as it's happening hehe

I'm not one of those PC is better then mac people, don't get me wrong, I work on networks, I deal with Windows and Unix operating systems and I also do troubleshooting for some of our employees laptops and such (and most of our employees seem to like mac laptops hehe :)

You just contradicted your previous statement of saying that "techs cant fix the problem" with "when your getting into OSX your not troubleshooting a mac per se since a mac is just the name of the computer your basically just troubleshooting a standard linux system ". The people that are going to be using these servers are in an IT environment that has *nix experience.

The hardware, as you stated, is standardized which makes it easy to dignose issues (not to metion the built in monitoring for the hardware). All that is left is the OS which is BSD. If you know unix then this should be no issue either. Also, Apple is going to be offering an option for 24x7 support.

Yes, in an IT environment techs will have *nix experience, but they will also have to go about learning the in's and outs of the osx interface and such. I just can't see a already solid company adding these to their racaks, maybe startup companies will but there is always the fear with apple being new to the server market.

They are not new to the server market. The only thing that is new is that it is a rackmount.

that's a great post, open_source, and what a great website...I visit that website once a day

Thanks dealer. How come I never see you over at the other sight anymore?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back