New accessory - Bolle Metal shades

Sazar

Rest In Peace
10219_meltdown_photo.jpg

I don't think we do a lot of accesory reviews so I thought I would toss one in :)

I have liked using bolle's over the past few years, especially their metals, because they conform to my face very nicely.

I have what could be termed an angular face and therefore if I use any eye-wear, I have to be very particular about it because not all frames are designed to accomodate my features.

Bolle's metals usually have frames that are almost perfect for my face so I have been going after their products as much as possible :D

http://www.bolle.com/performance_eyewear/metals_meltdown.cfm

The meltdowns and the meanstreaks are my main loves but I went with the meltdowns because they have no metal frame around the lens'.

Further they conform to my face a little better (the gap between the edge of my eye and the corner of the frame is minimal, unlike the other shades).

Overall, the polarized lens that I got (the gunmetal frame with axis lens') do an exceptional job of blocking out the sun (of which we had PLENTY today) while the lightweight and small form factor of the product allows for it to be almost un-noticeable when in use.

I don't wear glasses and am not a big fan of personal jewellry so this, and the tag I have my eyes on, are about the only "luxuries" I will allow myself :cool:

The packaging for something that I spent as much as I did seemed shoddy but I liked the small and compact case and the cleaning/protective "cloth" was the best I have seen with any eyewear.

If you have the bucks and are looking for a nice, preppy, sporty, sharp look, consider the metals from Bolle :)

I did and I love em :cool:

4.5/5 OSNN Stars.

hope you won't mind my input

/love revo's, love corning serengettis, don't care for composite lenses at all

lens, I love light frames but I can't stand composite lenses.

bole is a composite carbonite, no?

Read specs on similar products from serengetti, ray-bans or revo, they all use different technologies but similar multi-layer lenses to achieve a similar result.

Bolle is the only one with the meltdown style lens, revo has something close to it but it was too wide for my face :( otherwise I would have loved to get their flex 3051's. The frame was also ridiculously wide.

That and their website sucks lol.

all sunglass makers make composite lenses, but not all make glass lenses

ray ban have glass, I haven't bought serengetti in a few years, but mine have glass and my revos have glass

all of these are over ten years old so I don't know if they still offer glass but I can't imagine they don't

Depends on the item you are looking at.

I think I understand finally what you are saying lol.

Yah it is a polycarbonate setup. If you look at the lens quality on any of the sports shades from the majority of the companies, you will see the same type of lens used.

It allows for lighter/more durable products as well as more scratch resistant items.

I know the composite lenses are lighter, and when new just as good, but they won't hold up as long as glass...temperature affects the optics no matter what they say

bole doesn't make a glass lense, do they.

give me glass every time

as far as scratch resistent, I'm pretty sure the coated glass holds up better against scratches then the composite, plus the glass can be polished if they do get scratched

Last edited:
I never had a problem with my cobaltz till my m8 decided to clean it with peroxide :s

The lens hold up pretty well over time. I never had a single issue with the cobaltz. I would say give it a go and don't compare it with the el-cheapo's.

Further, you can drop em and they won't break at all, and the durability, well, glass == silicon based, bolle's stuff == carbon composite based. Carbon is pretty damn strong don't you think? :cool:

I have glass ray-bans, I am not dissing them, I just don't think with the tech as it exists right now, that there is a big deal with glass v/s alternatives :D

I had some good composites, I never get cheapo sunglasses...I had bole's as a gift.

one hot day in the car and I never seemed enjoy the view through them again

I suppose the technology is better since then

my revo's are my favorite, cost a few hundred back then

so long as what I have are fine, I won't be spending another few hundred on sunglasses.

though I might hint at a pair of these bole's for my holiday gift

Last edited:
I'm happy with my Spy Optic Cooper's ...bolle make nice specs though

They make some nice designs.

I got into them in Miami/key biscayne during the nasdaq open because most everyone had a pair.

Ray bans have a reputation but I don't like em much.

Serrengeti == my next choice down but the weight was a little more.

Like I said, I don't really wear anything on my face and I am particular when it comes to little details lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back