new 2500 barton hanging on startup

ruiner_066

OSNN Addict
hey guys, i jsut got a new 2500 barton & after installing it it went to BIOS to allow you to set the speed, the two options were 1100 mhz with 100 fsb, & 1466 mhz for 133 fsb. i know the 2500 barton is supposed to run at 1.83 ghz. the multiplier is only 11.0, i dunno what it's supposed to be at, but that seems pretty low to me. anyway, i just went with 1466, and the system hangs on the windows loading screen. i've tried with 1100 also, and same thing happens. anyone know whats going on?

new amd 2500 barton
A7V333 mobo
512mb pc2700 ram
windows xp pro

thx in advance

if you would like to try to walk me through a solution for this, i am on a second comp next to the screwed up one, and would appreciate it if any of you would like to instant message me. my AIM s/n is ruiner 066.

Originally posted by ruiner_066
hey guys, i jsut got a new 2500 barton & after installing it it went to BIOS to allow you to set the speed, the two options were 1100 mhz with 100 fsb, & 1466 mhz for 133 fsb. i know the 2500 barton is supposed to run at 1.83 ghz. the multiplier is only 11.0, i dunno what it's supposed to be at, but that seems pretty low to me. anyway, i just went with 1466, and the system hangs on the windows loading screen. i've tried with 1100 also, and same thing happens. anyone know whats going on?

new amd 2500 barton
A7V333 mobo
512mb pc2700 ram
windows xp pro

thx in advance

if you would like to try to walk me through a solution for this, i am on a second comp next to the screwed up one, and would appreciate it if any of you would like to instant message me. my AIM s/n is ruiner 066.

new bios would possibly help out...

flash a new bios in if you can... you should be able to dl it off the asus website...

this is the product website...

http://www.asus.com.tw/mb/socketa/a7v333/overview.htm#

this is the chipset website...

http://www.via.com.tw/en/apollo/KT333.jsp

afaik the a7v333 was designed to go to the 2200+... for newer cpu's you would probably need to flash in a new bios to use :)

now... the cpu you have has a 166mhz fsb (ddr = 333) hence you may not have to worry so much

hence with your multiplier @ 11... and your fsb @166... you get 166x11 == 1.83 ghz :D

however.. you are technically overclocking your mobo bigtime when you kick up the fsb to 166... it is designed for 133... thats why I would find out if I was you if your mobo can support the cpu @ the settings the cpu is designed for...

:)

hope this helps...

great! problem solved. thanks a lot for the quick response.

my BIOS didnt support that processor speed, updated & it works fine now =)

Originally posted by ruiner_066
great! problem solved. thanks a lot for the quick response.

my BIOS didnt support that processor speed, updated & it works fine now =)

:)

np...

glad it works...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back