Neverwinter Nights

Rigsta

OSNN Addict
Anyone else having the problem of this game running really badly? I'm still puzzling over my stupid framrate...

1.1GHz PIII
(512MB - 32MB = 480MB RAM)
32MB S3 graphics twister (because it's a laptop)
UJDA 710 DVD + CD-WR combo drive

Stupid bugs. The SecuROM protection doesn't help matters either.

Contrary to popular beleif, laptop does not equal crap, thank you very much. I can play Unreal Tournament, Diablo II and Jedi Knight II on it just fine (besides the swamp level, hehe), so why not this game, even with all graphics effects turned to minimum/off?

Unfortunately, NWN does rely heavily on the Graphics card. Your laptop is probably great, but if the graphics are not directly supported by NWN, it isn't going to work well. I use a Voodoo 5 5500, and they won't support it.

Even on a geforce 4 TI4200 the frames are not that great will all the options turned up

NWN Failing

Tried to play the game on me mums' PC, and its really slow.. I replaced her Voodoo3 with my old viper 770 ultra ( old, argh, €200 not that long ago :( )

My guess is Open GL:

----
1.10 WindowsXP and OpenGL

The default video drivers provided with Windows XP do not have robust Open GL support. Upgrade your drivers if you have Windows XP as soon as possible.

This might be applicable in your situation though:

1.07 Problems running the game with 3DFX cards

3DFX is no longer in business; although some Voodoo 5 cards may work occasionally they are no longer supported by 3DFX and available drivers do not generally include complete OpenGL support required for Neverwinter Nights. Hence, 3DFX graphics cards are not supported by NWN.

Source: http://nwn.bioware.com/support/known.html
-----

Going to try with Nvidias' detonator drivers.. Unfortunately im too lame on how to get the required Open GL thingies so this is just a shot in the dark..
Btw, if anyone *does* have a viable solution, do reply :)

**********EDIT
Well I installed those drivers and the game works fine :) :) :)
Time to get me mum addicted to NWN, she's been enjoying Dungeon Siege too long for comfort :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back