Never misspell at this forum again...great program!

T

Think

http://www.iespell.com/

ieSpell is a free Internet Explorer browser extension that spell checks text input boxes on a webpage. It should come in particularly handy for users who do allot of web-based text entry (e.g. web mails, forums, blogs, diaries). Even if your web application already includes spell checking functionality, you might still want to install this utility because it is definitely much faster than a server-side solution. Plus you get to store and use your personal word list across all your applications, instead of maintaining separate ones on each application.

The program installs as a new button in the IE toolbar (as well as a new menu item under "Tools") - after filling a form, just hit the ieSpell button and it pops up a dialog, similar to the MS Word spell check.

:)

I've been using this add-in for a week now. It's great!!!
I have come across a site that opens up a chat window without the toolbar section so I can't get to the iespell option.
Is there a way I can add it to my right mouse button options in Windows XP?

Not that I know of but would be a good suggestion to be placed at there forum.

Originally posted by engel59
I've been using this add-in for a week now. It's great!!!
I have come across a site that opens up a chat window without the toolbar section so I can't get to the iespell option.
Is there a way I can add it to my right mouse button options in Windows XP?

hmm. A better way would be somehow to stop web-pages being able to hide the toolbars. IE really gives them too much power and it is exploited by advertising and malicious pages. I can't believe there doesn't seem to be an option for this in IE.

In response to the original post, Is there a way of doing this without being browser dependent? (IE at the OS level)
(That was you could spell check any text box in almost any program - this is possible, just not sure if theres software to do it) :)

ieSpell 1.0 Final is out.

Beta is over.

ieSpell just turned the big ONE.

ieSpell 1.0 official release can be found at www.iespell.com

Besides adding more dictionary's in 1.0, you can now use the right-mouse-button to access iespell.

THIS IS A MUST HAVE PROGRAM...or at least for me it is. :p

The guy who wrote this, Sidney, has done a great job. There will be more enhancements to come.

Thank you Sidney.

Originally posted by xsivforce
I ues et oll tha tieme. Et halps mie spall battor.
:D I knew the English language has been simplified for you Americans but that’s ridiculous.
;)

It's color...not colour
favorite...not favourite
center...not centre :p

Hey,

The Amiricans just go out in their pants! And as for the use of the word fanny!!!! obscene!!!

Re: Hey,

Originally posted by robin.munro
The Amiricans just go out in their pants! And as for the use of the word fanny!!!! obscene!!!
:D Where do you come from Mars ? :p

God, there is nothing worse than an american who thinks they can spell english words correctly.

Idiots they should go speak the language they normally do.

That language is called "rubbish" thought they spell it "American" yet another spelling mistake they cant get over.

In English
Just so I dont get Flamed this is all meant in good humour.

Translated for Americans
So I dont get Flamed this is all in good humor

:D LOL @ gtgarside
For saying out loud what we all think :p ;)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back