Networking xp to win98

a dreams forever

OSNN Addict
I have a small problem here.. I know to add a computer to a network you have to go on the comp using xp and click on my network places then click on "set up a home or small office network" and make a floppy.. cause I did it with my other computer that has 98.. but when I try to click on "set up a home or small office network" it doesnt do anything.. nothing comes up.. no options what so ever.. so I cant make the floppy to put on win98.. I tried going on the comp with win98 and adding file sharing support but that made me put in the win98 cd and asked for a file.. vxd or whatever.. that wasnt even on the windows98 disc.. can someone help me.. tell me whats going wrong.. or where I can download the files that winxp is supposed to put on the floppy for me when you click on "set up a home or small office network".. thank you..

Have you tried using your XP cd, you don't have to use a floppy. And make sure nortons IS is switched off before you do it.
Insert your Xp disc and select additional tasks then select set up net work.

Yes use the CD , how do you plan on conecting the 2 computers?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back