Networking comps

Anakist

Way too much time here...
How hard is it? My lil bro said that my uncle said it is too f****** hard to bother about. But that was linux to nt. With XP to NT how easy is it? Any progs that will do it themselves??

James

you need a cross-over cat5 cable and then use the xp network wizard,create the floppy use it on the nt pc and voila a nice network :) not so hard...

Cool. Gonna show my lil bro that I am a ubergeek and worthy of godness... I made the cable (MWAHAHA), dunno if it works yet... Should tho...

Now I just have to wait until I get my chip and HDD and then get the comp down here. :(

Thanks Sboulema. You have been a great help so far.

glad i could help :) btw if youre gonna network more than 2 pc's you will need a router/switch

I have an a7n8x dlx so no worries there. Could we get three? Both coming off me??

James

*Ugh* Daisy chaining? I wouldn't! ;)

If you have 3+ computers I strongly recommend a hub/switch if you're not sharing Internet via Ethernet or a router if you do.

If you daisy chain them then the comp in the middle will have be on so that the other two can access each other. Besides its easier to use switch or router.

Originally posted by GoNz0
i do as well :) if the £££ is there buy a network hub.
I think the cheapest hubs are about the same as the two extra cards needed. :)
And then you'll have five ports.

I dont know a thing about networking :eek:

I bought a hub for £15 ~ 2 x nic cards for £10 & a couple cables
its not the best hub in the world ~ but it works for me

1885.jpg

plugged it all in ~ ran the network wizard ~ all done
its that simple

its even better with a fast internet connection
my buddies bring their pc's round & we have an on-line LAN party
5 of us go & mug a server on delta force black hawk down

great fun

:cool:

Members online

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back