Networking a Win98 machine and a winXP machine

J

Jiggy

hi there. I'm juts trying to install a small two comp network nothing fancy for a bit of ICS. Now I've run the network wizard on my XP machine and that's alright but after that the program tells me to run the wizard on the other machines that I want to network. I used the win XP CD-ROM ot run the wizard on the win98 machine and after it installs the initial necessary files the machine reboots after which a message comes up saying that the wizard can't complete the network because it can't detect my network hardware. I'm using a NETGEAR FA311 PCI card on my win98 machine and it was fine when it had a direct connection to the cable modem but now it can't be detected. All the latest drivers I have installed. Is theresomething with the NIC card I must do before it allows itself to be detected, free IP addresses or anything else. I'm really stumped and need some advice.

Thanks in advance

jig

Just make sure the drivers are in there and set the card to automatic IP. You shouldn't need the the wizard (allthough some really strange problems can be solved by running it).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back