Network Storage

Slimfady

OSNN Dino Addcit
Yo guys,
what's a good network storage device to buy?
I thought about buying Netgear SC101. It looks ok despite the lack of Linux support.

My network setup has one Linksys wireless ADSL modem connected to a Netgear wireless router (WAG614). The linksys is my DHCP server and I plan to connect the device to the Netgear router. All machines in the network are running windows XP pro except one that is using Win XP Home & Ubuntu.

I don't mind using either SATA or IDE since i'll be buying a new HD at the same time.

Thank U All In Advance

the buffalo solutions seem really good but also expensive. In addition, it's not clear whether it's possible to replace the HDs when u need to. I'll google it a bit to find out.
I'm trying not to exceed 250$ for the whole thing.

I am going to be ordering the Western Digital 160GB Network drive. It actually got some pretty good reviews.

Slimfady said:
the buffalo solutions seem really good but also expensive. In addition, it's not clear whether it's possible to replace the HDs when u need to. I'll google it a bit to find out.
I'm trying not to exceed 250$ for the whole thing.
You can open the case and replace the drives without voiding your warranty.

I think i'll be getting the 250GB buffalo, that's more than enough for me, i might open the case and put a 400 GB inside and use the 250GB for my PC.

Thanx All

Nice choice, enjoy the drive :)

Might want to double-check the warranty though. Not sure if the same rules apply for that model.

That would be a good idea cause you don't want to void the warrenty as soon as you buy it.

I always wanted a nas myself. if you want to do it cheap the best way to do it would probably be to build your own.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back