Network Setup Wizard

djchapple

OSNN Addict
I have two laptops using XP Pro connected via Ethernet cards and the network used to work OK. I had to reinstall the OS on one of the computers and now, when i use the setup wizard it fails to finish. |I am told there is an error and the network must be setup manually. Any ideas?

David Chapple

:mad:

Well I suggest you do exactly that. Configure it manually. Set the IP to a static IP or auto depending on what you use. Also see to that the drivers to the card are working ok.

I am an experienced user of desktops computers and Windows, going right back to the Sinclair and Commodore Pets but I know less than nothing about networking.

I arrived at the same conclusion. I tried set it up manually. I tried and tried and tried and............... Then finally, for no known reason, it now works. I have no idea what I did differently. God, and Bill Gates, move in the most strange ways!!

David

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back