Network Printing Problems

J

JonSton

Hi guys and girls,

Im currently rolling out some XP machine and im stuck and cant seem to find any help from the microsoft knowlege base.

heres my problem

Running Windows XP, a normal user logs in(no admin rights) and their script runs, this adds there network drives, deletes temp files and exisiting printers, it then adds a printer according to which printer group is assigned to them. the script uses the con2prt command. it fails and sez, "fail to connect to windows printer, check if printer exists"

now if i log on as admins, and then connect the printer normally or by using the con2prt command. it lods and works fine, the next time the user logs in, the script runs and the printer i added under admins connects fine and so does any other printer with the same driver.

i have given the whole registary, everyone full permissions to test it but that didnt work, ive given the windows directory everyone full permissions and that doesnt work either. also went into security rights and made devices unsigned driver install to silent, went into user rights and gave everyone acess to load and unload device drivers.

im stuck, dont know what to do. my boss sez if i dont find a solution i must go back to w2k and i dont want to go over the whole process again.

any ideas?
thanks
Jon

mmm, that didnt help. just refers me to the same documents ive read already.

anyone???

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back