Network Places

R

renakuajo

hi......well the thing is, i cant acces my network places.......

Win XP-PRO
Vigor2600WE DSL Modem/Router
PPPoA ADSL
3 network pc's

ok in my pc i cant acces my network places, but can do a search for computers
find all map the drives and everything is cool, but i cant get thru my network places......the others 2 pc's have no problem getting in it........all machines has xp....1 home, 2 pro.........all machine are updated, no software firewall, just the hardware firewall from the modem/router

any ideas???

Depends what you mean by "my network places". The directory itself only shows computers on the network that you have browsed to and opened files on. Otherwise you have to go through My network places > entire network > microsoft windows network > and then through the domain that your computers are on. You can also access a computer by \\name in My Computer

ok thats the thing.........i go through my network places thats where i cant get in.....if i right click on it i can do a search for computers but just that

Originally posted by renakuajo
i go through my network places thats where i cant get in
so you open My Network Places and nothing shows up? does it hang there? where exactly does your trip end?

it didnt open, it just hang in there waitint to open till it says it cant access.......funny thing is that after it hangs if i try to open it again, it opens just fine......but if i try to open thw workgroup it crash........but as i said i can do a search for computers and everythin works fine

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back