Network / Internet Connection Monitor

percy

OSNN Senior Addict
Hi. I don't know if I have been experiencing internet connectivity issues recently but after installing Network Magic to my notebook and PC it has monitored that my internet connectivity is randomly disconnected.
I know I can call my ISP to ask them this issue but is there a software that would continually monitor your internet connection and can monitor / log if upload / download and internet connection is disconnected? Thanks.

WTF is Network Magic? I would immediately remove that to see if that makes any difference. If it stops then you know what was causing the problem. Give us some more details.

Network Magic is an app that is preloaded on quite a few OEM machines that is supposed to make home network management easy by giving the user a nice GUI on all the hardware, where it is, how its connected, names of computers, etc. Ive always gotten rid of it cause its always caused problems on every machine ive seen it on.

I also think you should remove it and then monitor your connection.

Ok. I will uninstall it then. My second inquiry. Is there another software that could monitor your internet connection? Where you can monitor your connection 24/7? I would know if my connection was dropped if I am not in front of my pc/notebook. Thanks for the posts.

what kind of connection do you have? DSL? Cable? Fiber? Many DSL companies sell PPPoE connections which are not always connected but "dial on demand"

I have Cable connection. I had hard reset my router a while ago and will see if connection still disconnects intermittently. I am also currently looking for a software that can monitor my internet connection if it drops and can be viewed. Thanks.

You might see the connection itself among your "network connections". If so you can view the properties of that and then tick the box which says 'show icon on taskbar' or something. Otherwise I'm not sure.

hey percy, what exactly are your requirements for what you want? Would a Ping long work just as well?

I don't what a Ping Long yet. What I am looking for is a software that can monitor my internet connection if if disconnect in real time and also I can view its history. My ISP told me that my cable modem was good for the last 7 days but in my home network it keeps on disconnecting intermittently. This is true to my desktop ( hardwired ) and 2 wireless notebooks. The attached file is a View History of the software Network Magic. Is there any other software that works like this? Thanks.

Attachments

• nm1.jpg
    nm1.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 130

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back