Network Home Page?

Techno Child

web{designer}
Hey everyone. I have been wondering how to do this for quite awhile now, just finally have enough time to look into the matter.

I noticed that when you use most hotel's internet (both ethernet or wifi ) the network will override the user's set homepage, and will greet you with a page (usually to accept their terms of use).

How is this done? Is the internet being routed through a computer that will only let this page go through until the terms are accepted?

-tc

LordOfLA

Godlike!
My guess is that it's some kind of proxy intercept or ISP startup script but don't hold me to that.

Techno Child

web{designer}
Well.. I know there is an easy way to do this, I read an article awhile back that described how to do this for a public, neighborhood network startup screen... Of course, by the time it interested me, and when I went back to find out how, I couldn't find the article anywhere.

Does anyone know how to do this?

Brad

OSNN Veteran Addict
Political User
Which uses captive portal :)

Techno Child

web{designer}
Wow.. thanks guys, any suggestions for a binary that can run on DamnSmallLinux? If not, I'll just go through the linux list and see what the smallest ones are. The dedicated pc would probably be like a Pentium or P2.

-tc

X-Istence

Political User
Wow.. thanks guys, any suggestions for a binary that can run on DamnSmallLinux? If not, I'll just go through the linux list and see what the smallest ones are. The dedicated pc would probably be like a Pentium or P2.

-tc
Chillispot runs even on my Fon router which is a MIPS processor with 16 Mb or ram and 8 Mb flash.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Hey ep!

All good with me, applying for microsoft mvp right now, should have done this a while ago.

Notifications don't work, I only found your response by comming back to hunt up some threads, if you want, give me your email address so we can keep in touch easier, mine is perriscalderon at gmail
Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adreinrich