network drivers

yes it was found under vista and it is Ethernet 10/100BT integrated network interface

Why don't you check out www.driveragent.com, do a free scan and post the results here?

That site will state what kind you Ethnernet connection is, and what driver it needs.

windows xp should have the driver for it. Try upgrading the driver from the disk ...

try first one - (3C3FE574BT) 3Com® 10/100 LAN Type III PC Card

I'm assuming you can get online with that laptop using wifi?

Rather interesting that HP doesn't offer a download under XP for the LAN connection. But here are a few things you could try -

HP Software update - updates software and drivers (not sure if it has the ability to recognize non-installed hardware and update it but worth a shot)

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...n&cc=us&lang=en&os=228&product=3722399&dlc=en

Maybe try to verify your model to be sure we are also looking at the correct one?

http://h20270.www2.hp.com/ediags/gmn2/index.aspx?detectProducts=Start+Detection+%BB&lc=en&cc=us

The model you specify offers downloads for Windows 2000/XP/Vista - so downgrading shouldn't be an issue from a support perspective. I have to believe though that with them not offering a download, it should be built into XP or available via Microsoft Update/Windows Update.

What is the status of your device in device manager - yellow exclamation or question mark?

According to HP there are issues with the motherboard. for Network cards and wireless. They will replace for free. :)
If you own an HP Pavilion dv2000, HP Pavilion dv6000, HP Pavilion dv9000 or Compaq Presario V3000, Compaq Presario V6000 series computer, are experiencing no symptoms on your computer, and would like to obtain more information about updating your system to the new BIOS release, please go to the "Update the BIOS to the latest version" section on this page. If you are experiencing one or more symptoms listed below, and your computer meets the product criteria listed below, contact HP to determine whether you are eligible for a free repair.
LINK

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back