Network copy utility

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
Simple question,

Is there a tool out there that is better than the windows copy utility?

I am moving a bunch of media data from one server to anouther over the network.

network is gigabit but its 4tb worth of data.

anyone have any imput?

Both servers are windows 2008.

teracopy, but its slower than the copy in windows 2008/vista/7 :)

robocopy..

edit: also had good results with autoclone which you can get the full version for free - just expect a call from their sales folk if you take them up on their free offer to push their automove solution.

server 2008/vista sp2 /7 copy as fast as is physically possible now. you probably only need other tools to avoid situations where 1 file error causing a whole transfer to stop.

mostly true lord.. I still find transfers a little faster with robocopy and autocone than regular file copies but it may just be me..

But, the reason I like the 3rd party utilities a lot better is the flexibility they provide - especially when doing scheduled file transfers.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back