• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

network connection

i have installed the trial of vista and like it a lot, the only thing i cannot get working is the network and internet settings, i can connect to my router but not the internet or my home network. Signal strength is excellent but cannot connect to anything, any ideas would be appreciated.

mlakrid

OSNN BASSMASTER
Political User
brocher said:
i have installed the trial of vista and like it a lot, the only thing i cannot get working is the network and internet settings, i can connect to my router but not the internet or my home network. Signal strength is excellent but cannot connect to anything, any ideas would be appreciated.
Ensure your IP has the same subnet as the rest of your net work...

goto start/run
type in cmd
at the prompt type: ipconfig /all

then simply ensure the subnet mask is the same as the rest of the computers on your network.

i just get a flash of a DOS prompt before it disappears. When i say i can connect to the router the connection says CONNECTED but if i type in the router ip i cannot access it.(192.168.1.1)

don't type it all in at once. I'm not sure if the command changed in Vista to bring up the prompt. Where are all our Vista beta testers when we need them?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sanoravies