Network Connection Issue

A

Axim5

Hello All,

I am new to this forum. But reading some threads in the forums, looks like it's going to be fun and informative.

Before I go ahead and tell you about the problem I am experiencing, let me tell you about my computer:

1) P III 933 MHz
2) RAM 512 MB
3) HD 40 GB
4) OS - Win XP Pro
5) Internet - DSL cable
6) Location - home user

As mentioned above, I have an internet connection through high speed DSL cable. This service is provided by Bell Sympatico (Canada).

Recently, the problem I am experiencing is:
Whenever, after booting my computer, I click on my ISP provider's shortcut icon on my desktop it takes almost two minutes to connect.

I called and spoke with the service reps of my ISP provider numerous times to figure out what's the source of this problem and how can it be resolved. Unfortunately, no resolution so far.

I thought that it could be the Norton Antivirus that may be causing this delay, but even without the anitivirus the problem remains.

Then I formated the HD and re-installed the OS as a fresh installation but again the situation remains the same.

I have also noted that if click on any other application it takes a little time to open that application.

But I must remind that, after the delay when the high speed connection window open's it connects me rightaway as soon as i click on the "Connect" tab.

I hope someone will help me resolve this situation.

Thanks

hi!

Welcome To the Forum Axim5! yes its a great forum.

Sorry i dont know the answer to your problem!:(

why dont you just leave your pc on with the connection running and use zone alarm? sounds good to me.:happy:

Originally posted by Axim5
Recently, the problem I am experiencing is:
Whenever, after booting my computer, I click on my ISP provider's shortcut icon on my desktop it takes almost two minutes to connect.

he'd still have to wait 2 minutes everytime he boots his computer. some people dont like leaving the computer on depending on its location... i tend not to leave my pc on at nights because its a bit loud tbh.

plus, theres the people who think its a fire risk... and those who think it'll damage the computer... and those who are scroogy with the electric bill ;) theres a few diff cases

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back