Network Card

D

djjon5

Please Help.....

I have a Laptop that i am trying to get on my local network and It says the network cable is unplugged but it is not unplugged......what should i do?

Thank You very much..

Im not shure of the chip but the card is a "realtek rtl8139 family pci fast ethernet nic"

make sure that you are not using a cross over cable if you are connecting to a router or a hub/switch and check to make sure that the drivers are installed properly and make sure that the settings are correct

ok .. I'm sure that you've tried to reinstall the connection but protocols are ok ? ( 192.168.xx.xx ) 192.168.6.x for example must be the same

I Tryed useing a diffrent cable....it still didnt work.....

the same happesn with me!

the same happens with my dads laptop its a compaq evo n600 well its the network card i think its bad u have to wiggle the cable around well like and hold it to the right or left side and then it might start working, its messed up look if the leds are on. if they arent and it says cable is unplugged then thats what is going wrong but if the leds are on then thats a different story.

send the laptop back for a fix?

well u could send the laptop back to get fixed or get a pci network card. or usb whatever u want

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back