Network Card Crashes XP

K

Kaila Yu

My computer has been crashing a lot lately and I found out that the problem is with the network card. My friend has windows 98 and when I plug it in to his computer it works fine. But on my computer (XP) it crashes my system. When I put a different network card in, the system is totally fine. This card used to work fine with the drivers that I have on the CD. I went to the website and the "new" drivers the company released don't install. My network card is a GFC2204 and its from the company "fma." Their website is www.fmanetworks.com If nothing will work then I will just simply purchase a new card. However, I would not like to throw away a useable network card. Thanks for any and all help.

sometimes it is better to keep the old drivers... if you can't rollback the drivers or do a system restore to the time that you last had a good running system without the crashes you are having now... I recommend geting a new NIC card.. they are pretty cheap nowadays... or contacting the help at the NIC manufacturers helpdesk...

sell the card to your mate if you want :) or resell it on www.ebay.com or whatever you want to resell it on... but only if you can fix your problem with the above suggestions...

I installed drivers, but they only work for one reset. After I reset the computer after installing the drivers, the network card crashes my computer. This means everytime I turn on the computer I have to install drivers. I don't know what's going on.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back