NetRyder testified....

NetRyder said:
How am I "selling" anything? It's a free app. :D
I do the same thing for most other apps that I like too. You read my blog...you should already know that.

I said you sound "LIKE" a Microsoft salesperson. And i know you do it for all the other apps you like as well, kinda scary if you ask me, but then again i am the same for software i like.

I do it because I think it's important to support good apps that stand out from the rest. Besides, most people don't know what's available out there that can help to make their tasks easier. So many people didn't know what Firefox was until I told them about it or until they read about it on the blog. Now they go around recommending it to people they know. :)

I was reading that office blogs thing - looks like the msn desktop searhc thing is going to add tabbed browsing to IE - atleast thats how I interpreted the paragraph. Will be very nice indeed for those times I feel like using IE for a while.

What would be nice is something like avant browser that let me use IE toolbars..

Yeah, this release was initially supposed to enable tabbed browsing in IE, but it was pulled at the last minute because it needed some more work.

Not overly concerned about that though - as I said, I use this exclusively for the desktop search and application launching functionality. It's going to be interesting to see how this ties in with IE 7 though. Guess we'll find out when the beta launches in summer. :)

I tried this out at work and was showing it tou our network and busniess development manager. I typed "anime" into the search box and we were both like "damn!!!" it was listing results as fast as I could type, it searched my IMAP Mail in seconds.... Its awesome :D

I think now Firefox + Outlook + MSN Desktop Search has to be the ultimate setup right now :D

LordOfLA said:
I tried this out at work and was showing it tou our network and busniess development manager. I typed "anime" into the search box and we were both like "damn!!!" it was listing results as fast as I could type, it searched my IMAP Mail in seconds.... Its awesome :D

I think now Firefox + Outlook + MSN Desktop Search has to be the ultimate setup right now :D
Glad you found it useful. That's exactly what my setup has been like since the first beta was released. :)

Most people don't realize what a time saver it can be. The general response is - "I don't need it. I know where I put my stuff." Trust me, I know where I put my stuff too. It's just orders of magnitude times faster to open up any file on my drive or any of the thousands of archived emails that I have by just typing a few letters into the deskbar rather than navigating through Explorer or scrolling through a list of emails to find the one I want.

Nothing makes me happier than to see this functionality being integrated at the system level in Longhorn. Maybe people will finally realize its power then. :)

Been writing a review of the final build. Already got 7 pages! :eek:
Should be done before the weekend. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back