NetRyder testified....

j79zlr said:
I personally don't see the point, I think I've used the search feature in XP about 4 times in about 4 years, no need for more clutter.
Then it's simply not a product for you, nothing more to it really.

j79zlr said:
I personally don't see the point, I think I've used the search feature in XP about 4 times in about 4 years, no need for more clutter.

yep...

Yes but because it is related to MS it has to be bad and we need to put it down LOLOL

I love the way this place has become so anti ms its great good thing we dont have the xp-erience name it just does not go with the overall attitude this place has

Kermit_The_Frog said:
Yes but because it is related to MS it has to be bad and we need to put it down LOLOL

I love the way this place has become so anti ms its great good thing we dont have the xp-erience name it just does not go with the overall attitude this place has

Still on that soapbox... really? :rolleyes:

About 3% of the total posts I read are straightforward derogatory towards Microsoft.

Do you work for Microsoft?

Kermit_The_Frog said:

1. Seriously, What the hell is this "LOLOL" rubbish about?
2. You actually seem to be the only permanently anti-microsoft member around here recently, step off the soapbox for a minute and cool off.
3. Stay on topic.

When do I put down MS ? try never

Work for them who knows the fact you highly doubt it does not mean much at all

3% could be

topic yes like I would not use it thats on topic

might as well go in every post and just post I wont use it, like that is "topic"

muzikool said:
Maybe he's a shareholder. :p

And niether of you know anything about my personal life nor what I do for a living , I am probably the sum of your ages both of you .

Thing is there is no way anyone can post anything on this site anymore if it is related to MS as soon as it is posted someone will jump in with a comment negative and with no "topic" about how it is a bad thing "silly" "I wont use it"

Yes thats good "topic" right there :laugh: :laugh:

All I was saying, is there really a need, what do you search your filesystem for so often, that you need it on your taskbar. That was my whole point, I didn't say anything antiM$?

I said the same thing about the Google desktop search when it came out.

Kermit_The_Frog said:
I am probably the sum of your ages both of you.
Possibly so, but for someone your age, I'd expect enough maturity to be able to ignore a bunch of insignificant forum trolls. The negativity isn't going anywhere. You just have to learn to deal with it.

Besides, I didn't really see any negative comments in this thread that were specifically aimed at Microsoft. All I noticed was a couple of people expressing their disinterest in desktop search technology in general. That goes for Apple's Spotlight, Beagle for Linux, Google Desktop Search, etc.

Mastershakes said:

Uhm??

Its been working sine 1998/1999 sometime around then check the whois record.

If you mean the menu at the top I removed the links to the rest of the site. The only links you need at the moment are the blue ones at the bottom of the page.

For everything else you need to wait until I finish the new design :D

If you want a sneak preview let me know. I could use all the feedback and suggestions I can get on it.

I have spotlight on my mac, I cant say I have actually used it for anything though. I know where I keep things. :p

NetRyder said:
Possibly so, but for someone your age, I'd expect enough maturity to be able to ignore a bunch of insignificant forum trolls.
Well Said.

Geffy said:
I have spotlight on my mac, I cant say I have actually used it for anything though. I know where I keep things. :p
Hah, amen to that. Now if only we could rid ourselves of that damned magnifying glass... I'm more than content with my keyboard shortcut. :)

using IE6 eh? then youl be needing their antispyware program, spybot S&D, Adaware, etc to go with it..

or of course, you could just use a safer browser;)

...or he could just use common sense and not click OK on every ActiveX prompt that pops up (although SP2 already hides ActiveX prompts by default). :)

Seriously. Someone who actually gets spyware while just surfing the web with IE6 is either a newbie, or just plain stupid. I don't think Lord falls under either of those two categories. :D

Kermit_The_Frog said:

Then maybe we shouldn't be a featured Microsoft WindowsXP Community site?

Everyone will once in a while complains about whatever OS they are using. It's the nature of the beast, since they are not perfect. We all complain about one thing or another. Now are you gonna say that you have never complained about something of Microsoft's? Ever? Don't be shy now...

Some people just don't like seach bars. I don't and I don't use them. Some don't use the search feature that's built into XP. I know where all my shiit is on my HDDs and I go and clean out those drives once a month. I look through and anything I don't use any more or I downloaded but never used/installed gets dumped/deleted/recycled/shiit canned. I defrag once a week. I may on a rare occasion use the search feature to find a file that I may have copied or moved to a new place and forgot at that moment where I put it. But i rarely use that either.

If I didn't really like Windows OS I wouldn't use it. But that doesn't mean I won't complain about something of it.

Hey people will complain I aggree its not that part that gets my goat. Its the way that people attack any idea that is related to anything MS , If you have a problem with something you use thats one thing, to attack MS in every turn for anything that is talked about is out off line , if someone does not want to use it thats great not a problem to shoot down MS for trying something new is what I am talking about.

NetRyder said:
Seriously. Someone who actually gets spyware while just surfing the web with IE6 is either a newbie, or just plain stupid.

I agree, but sometime you get some bad cookies from those nasty ads :(

Thats why you use spywareblaster. Act now and for $9.95 thats $9.95, you can have it with automatic updates. Dont get left behind!!! You need this product!!!!

:D

Sorry, had to break the mood in this thread. Let us all remember that this thread was about desktop search. Some of you are trying to keep it clean; others of you who arent....take it somewhere else. Please stick to the topic of the thread or I will be forced to scream like a little girl who skinned her knee on the playground play dodgeball.

I used to complain about MS, still do, but it doesnt help anything. All it does is make other people angry.

zeke_mo said:
I agree, but sometime you get some bad cookies from those nasty ads :(
Cookies are quite possibly the most benign form of malware that you can get. Even then, you can always block third-party cookies and set up a whitelist/blacklist in IE just like you can with Firefox.

gonaads said:
If I didn't really like Windows OS I wouldn't use it. But that doesn't mean I won't complain about something of it.
I used to complain about MS, still do, but it doesnt help anything. All it does is make other people angry.
There's nothing wrong with complaining. Complaining is good if you couple it with constructive suggestions for improvement. On the other hand, just saying "it sucks" (or something more subtle but just as pointless) doesn't help anyone - it doesn't make your problem go away, and it doesn't give the software vendor in question any feedback so that they can improve their product.

This isn't aimed at either of you, by the way. Just responding to the topic of complaining about software in general. :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back