NetMeeting

GoNz0

NTFS Stoner
I know it's installed on XP, & i use it often, the thing i miss the most is being able to start it from a messenger window like i used to on 98se.
I'm stuck with connecting by IP, a pain in the ass basically.
The start camers doesn't work with most 98se users, Anyone got a link to a registry key or anything to make this work again ???

G.

i use netmeeting, with messanger, if you have the latest mesager. you click have video conversation and netmeeting pops up.

you click call - new call - then on the address book in the bottom left corner, that brings up all of your msn contacts.

ps.make sure your logged into msn messanger.

--Nick--

No that dont work on mine.
My friend is on win98se & formatted last week, after that she installed the latest messenger 4.6**
I have version 4.6077
I click for a voice chat and thats fine, but it wont start the camera, all i get is the other person doesnt have messenger version 4 or above. Then i have to ask them to start netmeeting as it doesent intergrate with XP. :(

I don't know then, i speak to my friend who runs wIN98SE and uses netmeeting to talk to me using XP Pro...

all i can suggest is to upgrade the win 98se machine to xp or upgrade netmeeting

--Nick--

Originally posted by GoNz0
I know it's installed on XP, & i use it often, the thing i miss the most is being able to start it from a messenger window like i used to on 98se.
I'm stuck with connecting by IP, a pain in the ass basically.
The start camers doesn't work with most 98se users, Anyone got a link to a registry key or anything to make this work again ???

G.

Yeah, i have the same problem, except that my friend has Win2k on his mahcine. The voice chat works just fine, but the video doesnt. However, he has another machine with WinXP Home, and the video just works fine directly from windows messenger.

So far,I haven't found a way over this. I guess it's just a way for M$ to keep a monopoly on the market, buy making people buy XP just for video conversations.
:mad:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back