Netgear DG834 drop outs

Geffy

OSNN Veteran Addict
I currently have a Netgear DG834 which keeps on dropping out every now and then, it doesnt seem to affect things like IRC and so on, but it does hit MSN and Skype and things like that.
I have rebooted it, and so on, it has the lastest firmware and everything like that I have checked the MTU size with my ISP and thats all fine. Any other recommendations would be great for how to sort this out.

How long have you had the router?
I think all dsl products from Netgear are affected by the same problem you are having.
My DG814 cuts me off whether I'm using the net or not. It could be a heat/ventilation issue as I've noticed regular cut offs particularly when I've been downloading at full throttle for prolonged periods. By sticking a fan over it, I've seen a reduction in cut offs.

ah right, that could be it, i wonder if I take the firewalling load off it (thinking of adding a m0n0wall to the network) would that help it at all??

Or should I invalidate the warranty and pop it open and slap some heatsinks to it :p

I have no idea if that'll work or not. I'm coping with having to reset my DG814 once or twice a month at present. lol. (somtimes less)

I have a Netgear DG834 and i don't have any problems with it :)

Double check you have the latest firmware version as there was known problems with MSN on some versions

yep its the latest version, downloaded the source code, havent looked at it yet, but I doubt I will be able to make heads or tails of it, but you never know :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back