net use (command not working)

joshuajamie

OSNN Junior Addict
Hi, when i try to use this command I get an access denied (error 5)message. I can map drives from my computer but im lookin to get this working from a batch script. Any help?

joshuajamie

OSNN Junior Addict
Its nothing to do with the syntax, it should auto use the username and pass of the user logged in. I have tried this on other networks and it runs fine, just not on mine.

Its also nothing to do with the acl of that user, as they can map it from my computer perfectly. I am led to believe that its that they use different system services to map the drive.

I think the net use command uses netbios name resolution. And my wins server is running fine with every client registered. Anybody got a good idea of what is causing this?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Perris Calderon wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Ep, glad to see you come back and tidy up...did want to ask a one day favor, I want to enhance my resume , was hoping you could make me administrator for a day, if so, take me right off since I won't be here to do anything, and don't know the slightest about the board, but it would be nice putting "served administrator osnn", if can do, THANKS

Been running around Quora lately, luv it there https://tinyurl.com/ycpxl
Electronic Punk wrote on Perris Calderon's profile.
All good still mate?
Hello, is there anybody in there? Just nod if you can hear me ...
Xie
What a long strange trip it's been. =)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Poseeut