Net Speeds to Increase 1,600%

Damn, My home connection is already faster than the one of many offices we support (got a 5.6Mbps connection)... that times 1000% .... wow. That will basically make T1's obsolete! (It almost already does...)

xtweaker said:
Damn, My home connection is already faster than the one of many offices we support (got a 5.6Mbps connection)... that times 1000% .... wow. That will basically make T1's obsolete! (It almost already does...)

:D You've already got 3.5 T1s at your speed. Can't wait for these potential 35+Mbps connections!

Is that what it works out to ? wowsers. I knew Tweak and I had fast home connections, but didn't know they were that much faster than T1

most broadband cable connections like I have through Comcast already bypass T1...and I love it.esp if you do a little more tweaks here and there..and you have a blast..

OK, then I don't get it... a T1 still costs WAY more than cable... and cable beats T1's by FAR from what you're saying... My Videotron extreme connection is 5.6Mbps downstream and 840Kbps upstream... Why would a T1 at 3.5Mbps be more expensive!? Rip Off?

They forgot to mention that since they are linking the bandwidth for 4 channels your bill will go up to $200 a month.

Small oversite.

Oh yeah, and that will choke the living **** out of the servers so you will end up at dial up speeds.

hey mastershakes what isp u on and how fast is it and how much u paying cuz if im comin to montreal internet is one thing i must have and it must be fast

Yes come to Montreal good idea !

Internet here is avg $39.95 a month basic high speed and $59.95 for better speeds.

Learn how to speak french and make sure if you deciede to stay and raise a family you don't mind being forced to send them to french school, other than that Montreal is ok

xtweaker said:
OK, then I don't get it... a T1 still costs WAY more than cable... and cable beats T1's by FAR from what you're saying... My Videotron extreme connection is 5.6Mbps downstream and 840Kbps upstream... Why would a T1 at 3.5Mbps be more expensive!? Rip Off?
i bet cuz cable isnt dedicated speeds u could get really slow speeds even though that rarley happens, but t1 always get the speed its dedicated
Kermit: haha, we will see ill pay for the 59.95 haha how fast for that price?

Its 4mbs down and 1 mbs up Sympatico

There is Videotron but its a little more expensive a little faster down at times but slower up for $69.95

Hey I'm from Montreal too, Shakes and I are both using Videotron Extreme Cable service, and it costs 59$/month (Canadian dollars....), it's very stable, hardly ever goes down and I've yet to see any kind of variation in my bandwidth. They have such a huge capacity that their users never maxed out the potential, so each user has as much speed as they are paying for even at peak hours.

On a very fast site like Microsoft's Download Center, I can almost top my 700kb/sec cap. On every other site, I cap at the speed THEY are going (which varies from 200 to 450Kb/sec depending on the sites...).

i have the same service as xtweaker and i can vouch for what he's saying.
My friends have sympatico (DSL) and it's also very good, but I prefer my cable at 50$CAD a month we get no d/l limit.

thanks men, ill see if i am coming to montreal hopefully i will just a bit of suckyness happening to me lol

xtweaker said:

It is because you have multiple static ip addresses, the speed is gauranteed, and it is 1.5 meg up and down. Most cable connections are 128k or 256k up, they also are dynamic ip's, the speed is not gauranteed and they do not allow servers. Some isp's will give you a static ip for an extra amount, verizon for example charges an extra $70.00 a month for a static ip ..

Either way, I am still waiting for fios to come to my area. With 35 meg down and 5 meg up, not to mention the support of all types of servers, you can bet I will be getting it .. That is the reason why cable is trying to increase their bandwidth. You will see a lot of things like that in the near future. The thing that is most funny is the fact that with fiber the speed can to unlimited amounts, where as with cable they are strapped ..

This is what I mean (see screenshot). That's the speed it stabilized at after a start at 950kb/sec...

Attachments

• download.gif
    download.gif
    4.2 KB · Views: 75
you do know that he only reason it starts high, is because it actually starts downloading right away, even when its asking u should it save the file? then it just plays a lil bit of catch up to where it should be so it has to start off at a high speed

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back