net send

B

Bruni

Hi,
I recently used net send to send a message popup to some of my friends, but i got some problems when they try to send me a messsage with net send because i dont really know my ip adress
:eek:

Well...i have windows xp and 2 network cards. The first one has a dynamic adress for internet sharing (192.168.0.1) and the second one is connected directly to another computer of the network (202.205.69.220)

ipconfig gives me these ip adress...and no one works with net send

I'd like to know if there is a way for me to receive message with net send...what can i do??

Bruni

you can also use the computer name to send the message.
The computer name should be the same on both so the message should get through that way.

net send <computername> <message>

Well...i know my computer name for sure, but when i try a net send with it, I get an error telling me that the alias is not found in the network!!

can you run net send on the other computer, and is the IP in the same subdomain, or hooked up to the same naming server

wat OS r u using? For as i noe, win 98 doesn;t support it and require some other program. Correct me if i'm wrong. :D

good point, its only NT,2K,XP that have net send support I think

on Win9x systems you can receive the net send messages, but you need to go to "Start" >> "Run" and type in "winpopup" (minus the quote marks).

Leave that program loaded and all net send messages are picked up then.

If you type in "NET VIEW" from the computer you are sending the message from, it will show you all the computers it sees on the network in command prompt. If you dont see your computer, then you wont get a net send message from your friends computer. There are also tons of other net commands that let you shut down certain network services and stop programs and stuff...

Dave

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back